A must see event this holiday season is ICE at the Gaylord National in National Harbor MD. Each year the Gaylord plans out a different theme to recreate all in ice. This year's theme is Frosty the Snowman. Join Frosty and his friends through the retelling of a holiday classic. Favorite scenes come to life in more than pounds of hand-carved ice sculptures, including a two-story tall ice slide.
What you need to wear
Hats, gloves, winter coat, Anything else that will keep you warm, layers is the key. Once you get your tickets you will make your way to the blue parka section. They have coats in all sizes, believe me the coat will be a welcomed layer once you step into the exhibit.
After you get your blue parka you will make your way to a tent to get your photo taken. Then you proceed to the ICE tent, once you are inside you will be happy that you wore those extra layers so you can enjoy the story of Frosty.
- Walk-through holiday attraction, kept at a chilly 9 degrees
- Two million pounds of hand-carved ice sculptures
- Four ice slides
- Six individual rooms depicting the story of Frosty the Snowman
- The Frostbite Factory – a live carving zone
- Purchase you tickets in advance online (they do sell out)
- Bring a camera to take plenty of pictures (but make sure your camera can deal with the frigid temperatures). Just make sure you can work it with your gloves on
- Try to visit during non peak hours
- Take you time walking through there is so much to see
- Definitely take a trip or two down the ice slides
- No strollers are permitted inside the ICE exhibit
- You can park at the The Gaylord National, or there are parking garages throughout the National Harbor area
Visiting ICE put my family and I in the mood for the holiday season. From the Philadelphia area National Harbor is about an 2 and 1/2 hour drive. Because there is so much to do in the National Harbor you can do this as a day trip or an overnight stay. Click here to read more about the National Harbor.
For more information: http://www.marriott.com
Location: Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street National Harbor Maryland 20745
This event is appropriate for: the whole family
Disclosure: My family and I received complimentary tickets to visit ICE.